In the far reaches of Canterlot Castle, high above in the towers lived the archmage. Everypony knew her, yet few had met her.
Twilight Sparkle sighed, having teleported away another noble seeking favors before reaching the top of the stairs for the second time today. They never learned. As the archmage, she already dealt with political squabbles far too often without inviting them into her home. Aside from personal favors for Celestia, she did what was required of her position and then returned to seclusion and research.
The nobility grumbled that no archmage should be a commoner, and Twilight’s disrespect toward them proved it. Each and every time they were forced to bow to her, they hated what they saw: the position, the status, the deference.
Was she not powerful? Was she not great?
Twilight, now reading through dusty scrolls and long forgotten tales, wrote in her notes — notes gathering dust of their own. A brief thought flashed through her mind.
Am I not powerful? Am I not great?
And then Twilight picked up The Tale of the Royal Pony Sisters.
Table of Contents
- Prelude - Creativity
- Chapter One - The Archmage
- Chapter Two - Preparations
- Chapter Three - Welcome to Ponyville
- Chapter Four - Unexpected Complications
- Chapter Five - The Dishonest
- Chapter Six - Distractions
- Chapter Seven - From Bad to Worse
- Chapter Eight - The Dream World
- Chapter Nine - Meet the Party
- Chapter Ten - The Great and Powerful
- Chapter Eleven - Shifting Dynamics
- Chapter Twelve - The Great Bearer Hunt
- Chapter Thirteen - As the Night Passes
- Chapter Fourteen - Coming Together
- Chapter Fifteen - The Wayward Students
- Chapter Sixteen - Falling Apart
- Chapter Seventeen - Rarity Takes Canterlot
- Chapter Eighteen - Picking Up the Pieces
- Chapter Nineteen - The Molt
- Chapter Twenty - Movie Night in Canterlot
- Chapter Twenty One - The Phantom Thief Strikes!
- Chapter Twenty Two - Aftermath
- Chapter Twenty Three - Guilt
- Chapter Twenty Four - The Many Trials of Moon Dancer
- Chapter Twenty Five - One Last Hurrah
- Chapter Twenty Six - Through the Looking Glass
Table of Contents (Original Version)
- Prelude - Creativity
- Chapter One - Archmage
- Chapter Two - Ponyville
- Chapter Three - The Dishonest
- Chapter Four - Distractions
- Chapter Five - The Dream World
- Chapter Six - A Day in Ponyville - Part One
- Chapter Seven - A Day in Ponyville - Part Two
- Chapter Eight - The Great Bearer Hunt
- Chapter Nine - The Next Morning
- Chapter Ten - Coming Together